This recipe is so easy to make and ready in minutes with cooked chicken or turkey leftovers.
Green Chicken (or turkey) Chili
This is one of my families FAVORITES,
it takes minutes to make and is full of great flavor.
I just love dinners like this and you will too.
There is fresh lemon and cilantro and oh how I just LOVE those flavors.
This is one of our go-to meals when the weather starts to cool off and is perfect to warm everyone up!
So take out a pot, turn on the heat and get COOKIN’
This recipe is really delicious and has such a great flavor without being overly spicy.
It’s a real crowd pleaser and take a look below the recipe box, I show you how to make it in a SLOW COOKER!!!
- *great recipe for turkey leftovers (or cooked chicken. alternatively cut chicken into small pies and cook in skillet until fully cooked)
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- ½ medium onion diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 tub Knorr Homestyle Chicken Stock or 2 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 2 15 oz. cans cannellini beans drained and rinsed.
- 1 4oz. can diced green chilies
- 2 cups cooked chicken or turkey
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- Cook onion and garlic in oil over medium heat, add jalapeno.
- Once tender add the water, chicken flavor, beans, chilies and cooked chicken or turkey.
- Add lime juice and cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Garnish with avocado
I’ve updated this post to show it made in a crock pot… beautifully!
I used the same recipe: but added 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, and cooked it on high for4 hours, then added in the cilantro and lime juice.
I served it over rice and it was fantastic!
Here are some other recipes I use leftover turkey or chicken in you may like: