Thanksgiving Leftovers: Pizza with Turkey and Roasted Cranberries
With large Holiday cooking often comes leftovers. Here is a quick easy and delicious pizza to make with turkey. Of course if you don’t have turkey leftovers you can substitute chicken in this recipe. Decisions on what to make with all the leftover turkey brings for some interesting dishes. Instead of a soup, casserole or sandwich I opted to make a pizza.
I love pizza.
It’s all good.
Roasted cranberries give this pizza a wonderful savory taste that compliments the turkey along with mushrooms and pesto.
HERE is my 20-minute pizza dough recipe
- 1 16 oz. pizza dough
- 1 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 10 small Baby Portabella Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 1 1/2 cups turkey, cooked and chopped
- 3/4 cup roasted cranberries
- Use a 16 oz. pizza dough ball from the store or make pizza dough. Sprinkle cornmeal on the pizza pan. Stretch dough to fit the pizza pan. Spread on Pesto sauce, then add cheese, mushroom, turkey, and cranberries. Bake for 10 minutes or until crispy.
What a great way to use up leftovers!