This is for all the Chocolate Chip Cookie LOVERS!!!
Well I think that just about covers everyone…
Who doesn’t like chocolate chip cookies?
Well if you don’t I wouldn’t TELL ANYONE, we will all think you are CRAZY!!!
This fun cookie cake is easy and fun…..and DE-LICIOUS!
To assemble the cake I started with 8 cookies in a circle and one in the center, as I stacked and alternated with piping the icing in a ring on top of the circle of the cookie and completely covering the center cookies it allowed me to press the cookies into each other so they would stay in place and there would be icing falling in the spaces between the cookies. After two rows I used 7 cookies. You can certainly adjust this number of cookies depending on their sizes.
You don’t have to worry about the spaces that don’ t have icing, with this many cookie and icing, every one will get plenty of yummy goodness.
I baked all my cookies using a two tablespoon scoop, they were about 3 inches each.
I think this icing worked out PERFECTLY, it was soft enough to drop between the cookies but was firm enough to hold up all the weight of the cookies with no problem.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup shortening
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 drops white food coloring
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- Beat butter and shortening, add sugar, vanilla, coloring and cream and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Place in piping bag with a round tip. I used a 2A tip, it allowed just the right amount of frosting to come out without it piling up too high.
- Place cake in fridge overnight so the cookies soften with the frosting to make it easier to cut.
I really can’t think of any day where this cake wouldn’t be perfect for.
Here is what the cake looked like when I sliced it.
Next time I make one I would spread the icing evenly across the layers so there were no gaps and to keep the layers more even.
Now that is a slice of cake!
adapted from Martha Stewart
Other Cookie Cakes