I just LOVE lemon!
Yeah, I put lemon in just about everything.
So risotto was no different, I knew if it started with my favorite flavors it would turn out delicious and it sure did!
- 3 tablespoons Land O Lakes Butter with Olive Oil and Sea Salt
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1½ cups Arborio Rice
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 lemon juiced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Grated Romano Cheese for serving
- Heat 7 cups of chicken broth in a pan.
- Heat large skillet, add 2 tablespoons butter, onion, garlic, and rice. Heat until onion and garlic are golden.
- Add lemon juice and stir continually until liquid is absorbed.
- Add wine and continue to stir until liquid is absorbed.
- For the next 25 minutes or so, ladle in a ½ cup chicken broth and stir until liquid is absorbed. There will be a thick, creamy sauce forming but you don’t want to add more liquid until the previous liquid is absorbed.
- There is a lot of stirring, but it really is worth it.
- Add the remaining tablespoon butter along with salt and pepper.
- Serve with grated Romano or Parmesan Cheese.
Land O Lakes Butter with Olive Oil and Sea Salt is perfect for this dish. It allows the onion, garlic and risotto to get golden brown with out the butter getting to brown.
As the liquid is added a thick creamy sauce begins to form.
There is quite a bit of stirring involved, but it is really worth the time. It’s so delicious.
Lemon Risotto is great on it’s own or with chicken.
If you’d like to add chicken to this, while the risotto is cooking….
Cut up boneless skinless chicken breasts into small pieces, place it in a hot skillet with a tablespoon or two of butter. Yes the same yummy butter, oh it’s so good. Have you tired it yet? It really is my new favorite. Cook the chicken on a medium high heat and it will get crispy and golden. Just don’t over crowd the pan.
Oh I could just about eat this every day.
So do you want to guess how many times I’ve made this in one week.
I just LOVE that this butter comes in 1/2 stick sizes. Each Stick is 4 tablespoons. These little sticks of butter are adorable! Yeah I’m the kind of person who thinks butter is adorable!
How would you like to try Land O Lakes new butter?
How would you like win Ree’s Cooking Essentials also?
I’m giving away a gift package courtesy of Land O Lakes.
The gift packages will include one full-value coupon for LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt, Ree Drummond’s two cookbooks: Food From My Frontier and The Pioneer Woman Cooks, and a flat whisk, slotted spoon and stainless steel tongs.
To ENTER: Leave a comment telling me what you’d like to make with Land O Lakes Butter with Olive Oil and Sea Salt. Additional Entries: For additional entries: Follow Land O’Lakes on Facebook and/or Twitter. Follow Created by Diane by: Email, RSS, Facebook, Pinterst and/or Twitter Pin on Pinterest (share buttons are at bottom of post) Share on Facebook (share buttons are at bottom of post) Tweet This: I want to WIN @ThePioneerWoman Cookbooks, Utensils & @LandOLakesKitchn butter from @createdbydiane http://su.pr/322vbR #giveaway
Leave a separate comment for each entry Giveaway ends Wednesday June 27, 2012. The winner will have 24 hours to reply. Created by Diane is no responsible for lost email or packages. Open to US residents only.
I will receive a gift package from Land O’Lakes, including two cookbooks, a whisk, a slotted spoon, tongs and a full-value coupon redeemable for LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt, for recipe development. All opinions are my own.