I just LOVE lemon!
Yeah, I put lemon in just about everything.
So risotto was no different, I knew if it started with my favorite flavors it would turn out delicious and it sure did!
- 3 tablespoons Land O Lakes Butter with Olive Oil and Sea Salt
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1½ cups Arborio Rice
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 lemon juiced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Grated Romano Cheese for serving
- Heat 7 cups of chicken broth in a pan.
- Heat large skillet, add 2 tablespoons butter, onion, garlic, and rice. Heat until onion and garlic are golden.
- Add lemon juice and stir continually until liquid is absorbed.
- Add wine and continue to stir until liquid is absorbed.
- For the next 25 minutes or so, ladle in a ½ cup chicken broth and stir until liquid is absorbed. There will be a thick, creamy sauce forming but you don't want to add more liquid until the previous liquid is absorbed.
- There is a lot of stirring, but it really is worth it.
- Add the remaining tablespoon butter along with salt and pepper.
- Serve with grated Romano or Parmesan Cheese.
Land O Lakes Butter with Olive Oil and Sea Salt is perfect for this dish. It allows the onion, garlic and risotto to get golden brown with out the butter getting to brown.
As the liquid is added a thick creamy sauce begins to form.
There is quite a bit of stirring involved, but it is really worth the time. It’s so delicious.
Lemon Risotto is great on its own or with chicken.
If you’d like to add chicken to this, while the risotto is cooking….
Cut up boneless skinless chicken breasts into small pieces, place it in a hot skillet with a tablespoon or two of butter. Yes the same yummy butter, oh it’s so good. Have you tried it yet? It really is my new favorite. Cook the chicken on a medium high heat and it will get crispy and golden. Just don’t overcrowd the pan.
Oh, I could just about eat this every day.