This is a bacon lovers delight… lots of yummy recipes to help you get your bacon fix!
Let’s talk BACON,
oh, so many options!
Let’s face it, the classic BLT is amazing and delicious and the contrast of salty and crispy with cool sweet tomatoes along with the crunch of lettuce and some creamy mayo with salt and pepper is undeniably great, (be sure to check out my homemade mayo HERE)
but how about some NEW BLT recipes to kick things into high gear!
I love THICK cut bacon, baked up really crisp. Yes, baked take a look HERE for all the detail on how to cook bacon in the oven.
They now sell cooked bacon (and at Costco/Sams Club the package is nice and large they sell it in grocery stores as well and it’s a real time saver and far less messy than cooking it yourself) which makes for enjoying bacon very simple and convenient. Just heat it up and it’s crispy and ready to use in recipes.
They even sell bacon bits in bags that taste like bacon, not like the stuff that seemed off tasting in a jar years ago, even though it said real bacon. It had a funny taste. I often buy a large bag of cooked crumbled bacon to add to eggs, pasta salads and more.
So no matter what bacon you choose to use here are some fun recipes!
- BLT Cole Slaw- kick up coleslaw with this recipe
- BLT Pasta Salad- a delicious pasta salad that everyone loves.
- BLT Macaroni Salad – this is full of spinach and so yummy a great summer recipe.
- BLT Salad with Homemade Garlic Croutons – A simple spinach salad topped with homemade garlic croutons wedges of tomatoes and bacon so delicious. (Add some hard boiled eggs if you feel like it, totally yummy and makes a great breakfast too)
- BLT Chicken Sandwich – just about the best chicken sandwich ever.
- Grilled Romaine BLT – my all-time favorite salad
- BLT with Spinach Hoagie/Sub Sandwich If you love bacon this is just for you, pile your roll HIGH with crisp bacon, spinach and ripe tomatoes with a slathering of mayo and top it off with salt and pepper. (like I said cooked bacon works great for quick easy meals like this, and this is perfect to take to the beach and enjoy while you watch the waves come crashing in)
- BLT Sushi – super fun!
- Sauteed Cabbage BLT- I saute cabbage in a skillet then add bacon and top it with sliced tomato and drizzle on some mayo and add salt and pepper.
- Avocado BLT- Oh, it’s more than an ordinary BLT, it has AVOCADO on it, and avocado makes it super yummy!
Now there is one thing that goes with most BLT recipes it’s MAYO and Homemade Mayo is BEST, believe me, it only takes a minute to make and tastes fantastic. HERE is my recipe for homemade mayo with video!
Now that you have some great recipes and ideas for lunch, dinner, side dishes at BBQ’s there is one more BACON item I just know you’ll love it you’re a true bacon lover.
It’s chocolate covered bacon!
Now… I’ve had it at the boardwalk,
a candy shop,
and it’s good…
but nothing is better than homemade.
Thick crisp bacon, brushed on some dark chocolate and salt it with coarse salt.
It tastes better to me when all the bacon is not covered…
so you can get enough bacon flavor in every bite, and thin bacon just won’t do. It doesn’t hold up to all the chocolate.
Now I LOVE salty sweets and if you do too be sure to check out my Chocolate Chip Potato Chip Cookies.
Ok, by now you know I really love bacon!