Fresh strawberries are in full swing here in Southern California, I went strawberry picking the other day and scored some real beauties!
Take a look at what I made this some of them.
The flavor of the strawberries I picked were so sweet tasting, it was incredible.
To make a smoothie it’s often best to use some frozen fruit. Starting off with great tasting fruit is key!
I rinsed, sliced and froze some strawberries, this helps the smoothie stay nice and cold, it helps thicken it and makes if it’s possible made the sweet strawberry flavor even better!
Personally, I love fresh strawberries.
I asked at the strawberry farm what variety of strawberries they grew and there was a whole list she said.
These strawberries were not only amazing tasting some were huge!
For a minute I thought of growing my own, but I don’t really have a green thumb, and I don’t think I’d be able to do a better job than them at growing them.
So I’ll be going back and picking more soon!
- 5 oz. frozen strawberries (about 1 cup)
- 4 oz. plain greek yogurt or 4 oz. frozen banana (1 medium banana)
- 1 cup milk
- whipped cream
- strawberry for garnish
- *if your strawberries aren't sweet enough you may want to add some sugar or favorite sweetener.
- **If your fruit isn't frozen add a few ice cubes.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or cup and use an immersion blender and puree smooth.
- Top with Whipped cream and a strawberry if desired.