If you like pickles you’ll LOVE these pickled onions and carrots.
I am a HUGE pickle fan, I have jars of them in the fridge at all times to prove it!
I love the tangy vinegary taste.
This recipe will show you how to quickly pickle some vegetables that will be ready in an hour and great to add to sandwiches and meals.
If you like onions take a look at:
I love pickled onions on roast beef sandwiches or Asian dishes they offer a great contrast in flavor.
Pickled carrots are fun on sandwiches too and add a great flavor to salads.
I can’t wait to hear what you like them on best.
I love them on these Banh mi Meatballs!
- select the vegetables you want to pickle
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots + 1 jalapeno
- for each you'll need:
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup white vinegar
- Each vegetable option will fit in a 16oz canning jar
- Slice the onion in half and then in slices, or Julianne the carrots and slice the jalapeno.
- Bring the water to a boil, add sugar and salt.
- Fill the jar with vegetables then add in vinegar and then pour in boiling water to the top.
- Add the canning jar top and ring, refrigerate and they will be ready to enjoy within an hour and will keep in the fridge for at least a month if you don't eat them before that.