With a whisk and a bowl, you can easily whip up these delicious vanilla cupcakes.
There are so many reasons I love this recipe…
- first is they taste amazing,
- second, they are super easy to make-which means they can be made at a moments notice.
- third, and a small batch means they are great anytime, you won’t feel tempted to eat so many if portion control on desserts is an issue (I sure know it can be for me).
No mixer needed, but you can use one of you prefer.
This recipe makes 6 cupcakes. (Double it if you’d like 12)
Since this is a small batch there aren’t too many ingredients and it doesn’t take much effort to mix them.
Now the whipped cream is another story, you may want to whip it with a whisk attached immersion blender, hand mixer, or stand mixer. Mixing by hand is always an option but yes it takes and few minutes which may seem like forever if you haven’t whipped cream by hand before.
I have an immersion blender that has a whisk attachment I often use when I don’t need an arm workout!
Now you can top these cupcakes with any type of frosting you like, I find that whipped cream is just perfect for a light and not too sweet topping, but if you prefer buttercream frosting here is my recipe for buttercream frosting.
Whether you want to celebrate a small or large accomplishment cupcakes are always the answer….
from a job promotion to stellar grades on a report card, birthday or anniversary celebration or just because someone needs a little cheering up this is the perfect recipe.
You can be enjoying these in under an hour. Now that is cause for celebrating!
Be sure to check out my stabilized whipped cream recipe here.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a bowl whisk sugar with the egg.
- Add in flour, milk, butter, oil, baking powder, and vanilla until it's all smooth and well blended.
- Place 3 tablespoons of batter into each of the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes for 5 minutes in the pan, then remove cupcakes and place on a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Whip heavy cream with sugar, pipe onto cupcakes with a star tip I use a 2D or 1M piping tip and a piping bag.
If you like baking and want to bake better cookies be sure to check out my cookie guide.