I can’t decide which part I like more the Avocado Cheesecake or the Pistachio Crust, I’m so glad I don’t have to decide.
This combination is irresistible.
I just love when two flavors come together and create a great flavor sensation.
It’s deliciously creamy and nutty and got rave reviews from the non-green eaters. Do you have one of those?….the first thing out of their mouths is Oh No, I don’t eat GREEN things. Well that was not the case when I mentioned it was CHEESECAKE. Apparently just the mere mention of the word CHEESECAKE will have them running in from all rooms within a 20 yard radius…. it’s that magical! It’s just a bonus that avocados add nutrients in addition to pretty green color.
I topped these cheesecakes with pistachio buttercream frosting and chopped pistachios and as soon as people see pistachios they go NUTS, no pun intended! (well ok, pun intended)
I have to hide the pistachios if I buy then to make anything or they will disappear!
Adding avocado to these cheesecakes made them more creamy than regular cheesecake and I just love creamy cheesecake.
These mini cheesecake bake up nicely, test it with a toothpick and when the centers are set they are ready to take out of the oven and cool completely before putting them in the fridge. These cheesecakes aren’t overly sweet so they tasted great with frosting. They were also delicious topped with fresh whipped cream.
But don’t show anyone the pistachios you want to top them with or by the time they cool, you won’t have any left 🙂
- 2 cups whole vanilla wafer cookies
- 1/3 cup pistachio nuts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 8oz. packages cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 avocados
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *buttercream frosting recipe
- *2 tablespoon chopped pistachios for topping
- In food processor pulse vanilla wafers until they break up smaller, then add in the pistachios and butter, pulse until it's finely ground and comes together in clumps.
- prepare cupcake pan with baking spray or butter lightly.
- Place 2 teaspoons of crust mixture into each compartment of the cupcake pan and press it smooth on the bottom with a tart pan tool or bottom of a small measuring cup.
- Mix room temperature cream cheese in mixer with with sour cream and avocado along with the sugar (to be sure avocado will be smooth press it through a fine strainer.
- Mix until completely combined.
- Add in vanilla and eggs one at a time, mix just until each is incorporated. (do not over mix eggs as cheesecake tend to crack then)
- pour three tablespoons of cheesecake mixture on top of crust
- bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until cheesecakes are set and firm in the middle.
- remove from oven and allow the cheesecakes to cool
- when cool, place tray in refrigerator until fully chilled
- to remove cheesecakes from pan, slide a very thin plastic spatula or knife around edge so the cheesecakes release easily.
- Top with buttercream frosting. I added 1 tablespoon vanilla extract and 1/2 teaspoon pistachio extract to the frosting and piped it on with a large star tip and topped the cheesecakes with chopped pistachios.
Grab some California Avocados while they are still in season and whip up these creamy cheesecakes, everyone will LOVE you for it!
I’m woking with California Avocados to bring you some delicious recipes, all opinions are my own. I happen to love California Avocados and am glad they are in season now!
More PISTACHIO RECIPES:
sue/the view from great island says
Gorgeous colors, these look perfect for a wedding shower!
ana@ fit, fun & delish! says
Awe these photos are so beautiful and love the recipe!! I’m going to try this. Thanks Diane!
You and this recipe are brilliant! Seriously… what a great use for my favorite California Avocados!
Amy @Very Culinary says
Whaaaaat? Some of my favorite thing all rolled into one. And they’re individually portioned. LOVE.
I agree individual portions love worthy!
Gerry @ Foodness Gracious says
Yes to all of this, especially since avocados are in the recipe! Awesome 🙂
I’m with you, avocados make everything better!
I bet the avocado makes the cheesecake extra creamy.
It really does 🙂
They look so cute and so delicious!
Toni | Boulder Locavore says
Wow Diane! What a fantastic recipe and use for Avocados! The flavor combination is divine and I love the presentation of the individual cheesecakes. Avocados really are pretty perfect, aren’t they? They can adapt so many favorite foods into rich and creamy dishes, both sweet and savory. Love this!
awww, thank Toni and yes avocados are pretty perfect 🙂
I would have never thought to add avocado into cheesecake. That is pretty genius Diane!
Thanks Leslie, you just made my day 🙂
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust says
Avocado cheesecake!!! YES! Love this, pinned!
XOXO thanks Dorothy!
[email protected] says
Diane, seriously. I love this so much. I cannot express it. I really just love love this.
Shawn @ I Wash You Dry says
These cheesecakes look fabulous! I bet the combination of avocado and pistachio in a creamy cheesecake is divine! YUM!
Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie says
This is awesome! After making avocado brownies with avocado frosting and loving it, I have to try this.
Priscilla @ She's Cookin' says
Wow! I would never have thought about avocados in cheesecake, but for me that makes it doubly delicious – esp. with a pistachio crust!!