Lemon Poppy Cookies

Lemon Cookies with Lemon Icing @createdbydiane
I’m still on my lemon kick!

I love everything LEMON, and these cookies are SO worth making, trust me…they have a delicious light texture and wonderful lemon flavor.

lemon cookies

Lemon and poppy seeds seem to go so well together and just wait until you take one bite into these, you will know why…

They are delicious!

Don’t skimp and not add the poppy seeds.
lemon cut out cookies

Roll the dough our evenly to 1/4 inch thick and cut with a cookie cutter. My favorite is this heart shaped cutter.

lemon cut out cookies

I had some left over lemon glaze from the Lemon Scones I made and hoped it would be enough to ice these and save me some time…..as luck would have it, I had just enough. I didn’t flood them all in. I flooded some and just put an outline of icing on the others. I really liked that you could see the poppy seeds, they didn’t need to be all covered up!

lemon cut out cookies

The recipe is very easy and oh so delicious!!!

lemon cut out cookies

These look so pretty all piled high on a platter, perfect for any occasion or just for snacking!

lemon cut out cookies

Callye from Sweet Sugar Belle makes amazing cookies. I couldn’t wait to try them when she messaged me she had a cookie she knew I would love. I linked to Callye’s Recipe and Here is the printable Lemon Poppy Seed Cookie recipe.

Comments

They really are so delicious! I do love how only a little icing is needed to pretty them up, it makes them quick to complete.

Margaret Nelson says

I’m on a lemon craze right now and these look so good! I’d love to make a batch of lemon poppyseed cookies for some spring-themed cookies. :) I will link you from my Blue Sugar Cookie Co. Facebook page!

Kate Shay says

I love that you use Google Docs! I plan to make this recipe but cut out “egg” shapes for Easter, Thank you!

yes, google docs works well. I hope to have a direct printable link up on the recipes shortly it’s been in the works for some time, along with a redesign :)
      Egg shapes sound great for Easter!

Salena says

How thick do you roll out the cookies for them to cook in 7-9 minutes? Does the icing dry hard enough to stack, pack and ship the cookies?

I roll my cookies to 1/4 inch. I use two wooden dowels now, I didn’t used to and did a lot of guessing. Yes the icing dries hard to stack I’d wait 24 hours before stacking to wrap and ship them, so the moisture in the icing is completely dried out. The cookies won’t be stale if you leave them on a cookie sheet iced, overnight.