Get that crispy grilled flavor on chicken without the grill. This Oven Grilled Chicken in Spicy Mustard Sauce is amazing!
I love the taste of grilled chicken,
but there are times I wish I could get that crispy goodness without running in and out of the house to and from the grill.
Since this is done in the oven there is no checking, no turning, no waiting with the fire extinguisher as the flames flare up-or does that only happen to me?
Cook the chicken INSIDE, OMG, it’s great for so many reasons, and if you choose to grill it outside, go right ahead. The sauce is so great.
I found a solution and now will be doing more “oven” grilli
Can I use this on boneless chicken?
Yes, you can use the marinade on any type of chicken. It’s so delicious and the result is tender chicken with a tangy mustard sauce.
Can I make this recipe with wings?
Absolutely, this recipe is great with any type of chicken.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup. Place a cooling rack sprayed with nonstick spray on a baking sheet, then put the chicken on placing them a few inches apart.
Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. The chicken was cooked to 170 degrees internal temperature at 30 minutes, but I wanted it crispier, the additional 10 minutes gave it that extra crispiness without drying the chicken out.
Baking the chicken on the rack allows it to crisp up as it does on the grill.
While the chicken was baking for the last 10 minutes I placed asparagus in a hot skillet with a teaspoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cooking them on medium heat only takes a few minutes. If your asparagus seems too firm, cover with a lid for a minute or two, and they will steam a bit, but not overcook.
I placed red potatoes in the microwave for 5 minutes and then pressed them flat and put them in the pan I had the asparagus in and put a teaspoon of olive oil and salt and pepper on those as well. I turned them over in the pan and it crisped them up.
Be sure to check out all my chicken recipes here for some new favorites.
Oven Grilled Chicken in Spicy Mustard Sauce
- 1/4 cup brown mustard
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar I used white wine
- 3 teaspoons hot sauce I used Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- This coated 12 chicken legs
- Place all ingredients together, and add to a gallon zipper bag with chicken.
- Mix until all chicken is coated.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup. Place a cooling rack sprayed with nonstick spray on a baking sheet, then put the chicken on placing them a few inches apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. The chicken was cooked to 170 degrees internal temperature for 30 minutes, but I wanted it crispier, the additional 10 minutes gave it that extra crispiness without drying the chicken out.