Don’t you just love the smell of fresh baked muffins?
They are perfect for breakfast or dessert.
I LOVE fresh cherries adding them into a delicious muffin is just ONE of my favorite ways to enjoy them.
I’ve made many cherries recipes…
I add a bit of turbinado sugar to the tops of the muffins before baking, I love a little crunch on top of muffins.
Fresh baked muffins are great to bring to new neighbors, a delicious thank you, or to bring to someone on the weekend to enjoy with a cup of coffee. They are great to serve at brunch too.
Really there is no wrong time for muffins!
Don’t wait to grab a bag of cherries and get baking!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 2 cups fresh cherries (pitted and cut in half)
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar for top of muffins
- Place flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and whisk these items together really well so they are completely combined.
- Mix in egg, milk, butter, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir in cherries.
- Place 3 tablespoons of batter into a muffin pan lined with paper liners.
- Top the batter in each cup with some turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 425 for 25 minutes.