This delicious marinated chicken will become a new weekly favorite!
Buttermilk Ranch Chicken
This chicken is drool worthy!
I marinated it for 2 hours one time, overnight another time and both were fantastic.
Whether you have a little or a lot of time, this is sure to please.
I just love how fresh and delicious this tastes and the fresh herbs are key!
There is nothing like delicious chicken to kick off the best meal in my opinion.
Take a look at all those fresh ingredients! You can just tell by looking how flavorful this chicken will be once marinated and cooked.
- 5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups buttermilk (or 2 cups milk and ½ cup dry buttermilk)
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian Parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place chicken in a container, or gallon bag
- Add buttermilk
- juice of 2 lemons, then cut lemons into pieces and add them.
- Add in chives, parsley, garlic, dill, salt and pepper.
- Mix all together so that herbs and seasoning are blended well into the buttermilk.
- Marinate for 2 hours to overnight.
- Cook chicken in a cast iron pan, or hot skillet or grill it.
You can add or omit herbs to you taste but these work well.
I made a batch of buttermilk ranch dressing you can find the recipe HERE to drizzle over the cooked chicken. You'll have to click the link online to print it.
I mixed up a batch of my Buttermilk Ranch Dressing found here to drizzle over the top of the cooked chicken and served it all with red onions, tomatoes, lemons (which I cooked in a cast iron skillet as well as the chicken) and rice.
What a fantastic meal!