Merry Christmas everyone!
I made about 15 dozen of these cookies in the last week.
Chocolate meets gingerbread in this delicious combination.
I couldn’t wait to create this combination as soon as I made these
I’ve made many, many dozens gingerbread cookies this month and decided to make the chocolate gingerbread into Christmas Trees. I iced them with a green ribbon look and topped them with a tiny heart sprinkle.
I ended up making a single batch, then a double batch and am glad to say that I’m finished baking for at least a day!
It is Christmas after all and my oven needs a break!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup melted and cooled 60% Cacao Ghirardelli Chips
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Beat butter and sugar
- Add the molasses egg, vanilla, melted chocolate, cocoa, pumpkin pie spice and mix well.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, salt and blend until all combined.
- Roll cookies on floured surface and cut with gingerbread boy cookie cutter
- Place each tray of cut out cookies in fridge for 10 minutes or until chilled
- Bake at 400 degrees for 7-9 minutes or until edges are firm and lightly golden.