I just LOVE carrot cake and if you do too, just wait until you try these!
These are a MUST MAKE!
These will be perfect for Easter,
and for snacking any time of year.
You can ice them to look like carrots like I did with orange and green colored icing which I think is just too cute!
I have been planning on making carrot cake scones for some time now. Since Easter is next week,I figured no time like now to give them a try.
I ‘d love if the Easter Bunny delivered these in my Easter basket every year.
I’ve mentioned it before, but I will mention it again. The key to scones is ICE COLD BUTTER
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½cup (cold) butter
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup grated carrots (3 medium carrots)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk, extract, cinnamon along with eggs, mix until blended, then stir in carrots and nuts. Knead on a floured surface, cut with cookie cutter to desired shape.
- Bake at 450 for 8-10 minutes.
I’ve loved carrot cake for as long as I can remember and you do know how much I love scones, right?
I have a whole category of them on my recipe index.
It was really only a matter if time for me to combine the love!
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon corn syrup
3 tablespoons water
gel food coloring (orange, green) Americolor
Mix all ingredients until smooth and pipe or drizzle on cooled scones
I made plenty, maybe I will leave one out for the Easter Bunny.