Pasta and Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce with Chicken

Pasta is a go to for me.

I am always trying new sauces to add great flavor to pasta, this was a winner with my family.

I could eat pasta at every meal.

Really I could, here is an example.

A spaghetti Breakfast and Savory Spaghetti and Eggs then Pesto Pasta Salad for Lunch oh there are so many pasta dinners like Spaghetti and Meatballs (yes there is a spaghetti and meatball cake too) spaghetti with sausage, a quick and delicious spaghetti dinner, even Spaghetti with Blue Cheese and toasted Walnuts and for dessert, Chocolate Spaghetti.

Now for how to make this easy and fresh pasta.

I Began with a California Acocado. I learned all about California Avocados at Camp Blog Away and received this Avocado cutter.

There is only one California Native in this photo :)

While you are bringing the water to a boil for your pasta, cut up skinless boneless chicken breasts and cook them over a medium heat.

In a blender combine the following:

2 ripe California Avocados

15 sprigs of fresh cilantro chopped

1 lime juiced

3 tomatoes diced

1 roasted jalapeño diced

1/3 cup water

2 tablespoons oil

Blend until smooth, then coat hot cooked pasta with sauce and enjoy!

Comments

Paula says

We have pasta usually once a week but my husband just loves all different types and recipes. This looks like a dish he would truly enjoy.

I love that avocado cutter and I’ve never seen one before. Wonder if we can get them in Canada?

Avocado Cilantro Lime sauce – that sounds so good!! What a creative use of the avocado! I bet the avocado lends to a nice and creamy sauce! Great job Diane!

Yes the avocado does make it nice and creamy. I also make a avocado sauce I put on tacos that I love too :) Have a great weekend Quyen! Are you going to BlogHer Food?

Pasta is so great because it’s versatile! I love just adding whatever ingredients I have around the kitchen that I need to use up and coming up with something new and spectacular.

Thanks Sue. I love avocados too, hmmm…maybe we should do an avocado week of yumminess. Avocado scones??? maybe, how about avocado cookies. Savory sweet treats!

The avocados made the sauce really rich and creamy :) Hope you are having a good weekend. Are you going to BlogHer Food?

LOL. We are thinking alike, but I’m two steps behind. Just read this comment. See you at the end of the week :)

Hi Diane,

I just found your website, and I’ve already bookmarked about eight recipes! They look delicious, and I can’t wait to try them – my husband is a huge fan of avocado too, so I’m sure he’ll be excited too! Thanks for sharing your great ideas.

I have a family of 4 and give my husband more food than my kids, especially when they were younger. Size your portions accordingly to who you will be serving.

Christie Ferguson says

Do you think this would freeze well? It looks delicious but since I am the only avocado lover in this family, I would need to freeze it in smaller quantities.

1. […] it the Italian way! | Juls …Homemade Pasta… It's (A) Killer | From Donuts to DeliriumPasta and Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce with Chicken | Created by DianeMacaroni Pasta Kheer/PayasamHomemade Pasta « Cheap Ethnic EatzOther articles you might like;Head […]