Eating delicious food doesn’t have to be overly complicated, this recipe is a perfect example!
By replacing the typical rice in this dish with diced cauliflower will help reduce the calories in this dish and make it a great low carb option.
I recall my mom making stuffed pepper when I was growing up, so I went over her house recently and made her my new low carb version and she loved it, so did my dad. They are the best! Always supportive and enjoy being my taste testers too.
Cauliflower can replace a lot of carbs in so many dishes, just like it does in my
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Loaded Cauliflower like loaded potatoes
- Thai Curry
- Creamy Mac and Cheese with low carb option!
This dish is easy and comes together quickly, and it looks so pretty especially if you use different colored peppers. The yellow peppers are my favorite!
- 3 bell peppers (i used 1 yellow, 1 orange, and 1 green)
- 1 lb ground beef (or ground chicken or ground turkey)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 lb cauliflower rice (diced cauliflower)
- 1 1/2-2 cups tomato sauce (my homemade sauce recipe or use jarred sauce)
- (If the sauce you're using is not seasoned enough add some dry oregano, salt, and pepper)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Slice peppers in half and remove seeds, cut off stems and trim and save extra pepper pieces to place in bottom of baking pan.
- In an 8x8 pan (spray with oil if it's not nonstick) place the pepper halves in the pan and add in the cut pieces as necessary so they all have a "bottom"
- In a skillet brown the beef with the onion, then add in the cauliflower.
- Fill the peppers with the meat mixture and if you have extra you can put it in the dish alongside the peppers.
- Top with peppers with tomato sauce, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Add the shredded cheese and continue to bake 10-15 more minutes or until the peppers are tender and the cheese has melted completely.