It’s Friday, I just love the end of the week and as a kid that meant chances were there was going to be pizza.
Yeah, Fridays are SO great that way.
We don’t always have pizza on Fridays but I really wish we did, don’t you? I never get tired of pizza, the endless possibilities.
Recently I shared Spaghetti and Meatball Pizza don’t miss that one!
LOTS and LOTS of options.
If you grow zucchini this is a really quick and easy way to use some zucchini. Oh how I wish I had a garden like when I was young and veggies exploding from it!
So get your dough ready to make some pizza!
I put the cheese top of the zucchini, so that they would be able to cook without getting too dried out. If they were on top they may have. Yes I think a cheese “blanket” should go on top of everything….just imagine how cozy and comfy things would be. It sure works on hot sandwiches.
- 14 oz pizza dough (this is a little smaller than the pizza dough I normally use, so adjust ingredients accordingly if using 16-18 oz dough)
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 10 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons Weber kick 'n chicken seasoning
- olive oil
- corn meal
- Place cornmeal on pizza pan
- Stretch dough out on pan, brush with olive oil about a tablespoon.
- place zucchini slices on pizza in a large and small ring and then place tomatoes and scallions in between them and some in the center.
- Sprinkle with seasoning and top with cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
Hope you have a great weekend!