1-2 boxes thawed frozen spinach
4 grated carrots
8 oz ricotta cheese
4 cups mozzarella cheese
2 lbs cooked chicken, shredded
2 cups thickened chicken broth
Add and delete any vegetable you’d prefer, zucchini, fresh chopped spinach, asparagus, and broccoli are all good choices too.
- 1 lb Lasagna noodles
- 1-2 boxes thawed frozen spinach
- 4 grated carrots
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 lbs cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups thickened chicken broth
- Add and delete any vegetable you'd prefer, zucchini, fresh chopped spinach, asparagus, and broccoli are all good choices too.
- In a 13x9 pan
- Boil lasagna noodles for 10 minutes (or use dry noodles and add an additional 1/2 cup chicken broth to the recipe)
- assemble starting with thickened chicken broth (use cornstarch or heat butter and flour then slowly add chicken stock to thicken) Spread on the bottom of the casserole pan so the noodles don't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- then add a layer of lasagna noodles
- with a spatula spread on ricotta cheese (you can add an egg and some garlic powder and oregano if you'd like, I often do)
- then add chicken, spinach, carrots, and thickened broth
- then add mozzarella cheese and begin again with the noodles.
- Layer to the top of your pan
- finish the top noodle with mozzarella cheese on top. Add parmesan cheese if desired.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes, removing the foil the last 5 minutes to get the cheese a little golden.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes or longer, then slice and serve.