Chicken Vegetable Lasagna
I’ve been making this chicken lasagna recipe for many years, at least 20. It’s a family favorite, I used to make it for my parents long before I was married, everyone raved over it and the sauce is so yummy!
I’ve added mushrooms to it as well, so if you like mushrooms go right ahead and slice some up and add them to the layers.
Depending on how large or small the casserole dish you use will depend on the amount of ingredients, add or reduce as needed.
You can make this with no bake noodles or if you don’t want to boil the noodles add 1/2 cup more chicken broth so they bake up nicely.
- 1 lb Lasagna noodles
- 1-2 boxes thawed frozen spinach
- 4 grated carrots
- 3oz ricotta cheese
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 lbs cooked chicken
- 2 cups thickened chicken broth
- In a 13x9 pan
- Boil lasagna noodles for 10 minutes
- assemble starting with
- thickened chicken broth use cornstarch or heat butter and flour then slowly add chicken stock to thicken. Spread on bottom of casserole pan so the noodles don't stick to the bottom of the pan
- then add a layer lasagna noodles
- with a spatula spread on ricotta cheese
- then add chicken, spinach, carrots and thickened broth
- then add mozzarella cheese and begin again with the noodles.
- Layer to the top of your pan
- finish the top noodle with mozzarella cheese
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes
Baked all up hot and gooey,
I can never wait to dig into all this deliciousness!