Chocolate and Peanut Butter is such a great flavor combination,
it’s no wonder Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are wrapped in orange and all ready for Halloween.
I wanted to make a slightly chewy chocolate cookie with peanut butter and here you have them.
I decorated them with orange royal icing and since the first batch went so fast, I whipped up another knowing how quickly they would disappear!
I know when I went trick or treating I’d count of all the peanut butter cups I got, they are so good I wanted to be sure I kept track of each and every one of them until they were gone.
I won’t mention how many of these cookies I ate while making them….I lost count.
I bet this Peanut Butter Icing I made a while ago would be perfect on these..
Uh oh….looks like I will have to make more of these and try out that icing on them next.
I roll my cookies out in between wax paper sheets as they don’t need additional flour and become tough when re rolling to cut them with the cookie cutters. I roll my cookies 1/4 inch thick.
Remember to not over crowd cookies when baking them as they won’t bake evenly.
I bake my cookies on parchment lined baking sheets. I typically fit 12, 3 inch cookies on each baking sheet.
Since I allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets I don’t bake them until they are firm all the way thought or they will be dried out as they do continue to bake on the sheets as they cool.
I bake my cookies on 1/2 sheet baking sheets. I purchase them at Costco (which carries Nordic Ware 1/2 sheets) or Sam’s Club. They are thicker and more sturdy then others I’ve used and I’ve found they bake evenly.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup melted and cooled chocolate (Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Chips)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In mixer beat butter and sugar
- Add in egg, vanilla, peanut butter, melted and cooled chocolate, cocoa
- Mix in flour, baking powder and salt until combined
- Roll out cookie dough in between wax paper sheets ¼ inch thick and cut with cookie cutter.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheets and bake 7-8 minutes until edges are firm.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets.
- Mix up a batch of Royal Icing add a few drops orange food coloring and mix a little water to it to get the desired consistency to pipe onto cookies.
- Allow the frosting to dry 10 hours.
You could easily drizzle the cookie with icing if you don’t want polka dots!
Either way they are delicious and perfect for the chocolate peanut butter lover.