I see flowers blooming and the bright colors popping up everywhere.
I just love that we turned the clocks ahead and there is more daylight.
Our tree blooms early and it’s so pretty. I look forward to it blooming all year.
Dwarf Avondale Red Bud Tree
I just love it, the only thing I wish is that it would bloom longer!
What is your favorite party about spring? Is it all the flowers, the time change, the warmer weather?
Yep, it’s all of the above for me!
That and well lemons, really I get them all year from my moms Meyer Lemon Tree….and I always feel so lucky that she gives me so many delicious lemons. But this time of year it makes me want to turn everything LEMONY!
Do you have a favorite LEMON recipe, feel free to share it with me!
I love lemon curd and seem to make it every time I have egg yolks from making Italian Buttercream Frosting. It’s a WIn-WIn!
Shortbread is a favorite of mine too, so making it a little lemony was inevitable.
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 2½ cups flour
- ¼ cup powdered sugar to dust on finished cookies.
- Beat butter with sugar, mix in lemon extract.
- Add in flour and blend together. You can use your hands if necessary.
- If the dough gets too warm from your hands you can chill it for 10 minutes.
- You can line the mini cupcake papers in mini cupcake pan if desired. You don’t need to spray the pan if you aren’t using paper liners, they remove nicely.
- Use a 1 tablespoon scoop to portion out the dough, and press it into mini muffin/cupcake pans. Press it with a tart shaper, or the end of a rolling pin, or back of a spoon.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Lemon Curd Recipe from Naomi (Bakers Royale)
- Prepare lemon curd and then spoon in onto the cooled lemon shortbread cookies.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Filling lemon shortbread with lemon curd was a pretty good idea, so go….
It’s going on my “List”
you know….the list of things to make again and again….real SOON.