I just LOVE gingerbread boys, they are so adorable.
I keep seeing people post a 4 foot tall gingerbread metal decoration that looks like the gingerbread cookie cutter, oh my goodness it’s all I can to NOT stop by the store and pick one up. I’ve thought about it many times, but I have no where to store him!
Yes my Holiday purchases are often based on storage.
When I was growing up we had a basement. I LOVED it, and since we moved to California…..I have really missed having a basement. I could go into the many, many reasons…but that would bore you. I’ll just say you never really had to worry about storing anything.
So I’ve been keeping myself busy with my gingerbread cookies cutters and stuffing my face with these little guys to keep my self so occupied, I don’t start dreaming of basements or that giant gingerbread boy.
These gingerbread scones are lightly flavored with molasses and spices but not the real heavy gingerbread taste that kids seem to turn up their noses at, no these are well liked by the little ones. If they are on the “nice” list they will be oh so happy your shared these with them.
This is my favorite gingerbread boy cutter. I have a few of them, just in case I misplace one and NEED to make up a batch of these cuties really fast.
I’ve made the full batch and when I’ve been in a hurry I’ve even made a half batch which makes 12.
If there is too much flour on the scones before baking, just brush it off gently. I love silicone brushes for this as they don’t tend to leave marks on the scones or cookies for that matter.
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cold butter (diced)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add cream, molasses, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla along with eggs, stir until combined.
- Knead mixture on floured surface until smooth. Adding flour as needed.
- Cut with cookie cutter.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes depending on the size and thickness. Bake until golden on edges and bottom.
I used the 4 inch cutter for the large gingerbread men.