I’ve had a pressure cooker for over 14 years.
I go back and forth using it a lot, and using it a little.
But one thing is for sure, it’s FAST!
It cooks chicken, pork and beef as if it were slow cooked, very tender.
I always use my pressure cooker for corned beef, other wise I’d be ALL day cooking three corned beefs, what can I say. We like corned beef and if you going to go ahead and made all the trimmings for the meal, you might as well have plenty of beef to go with it. I’ve made Corned Beef Dinner and Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup if you want to see them.
I keep hearing that pressure cookers are coming back. We’ll see, most people I know don’t use one, but I love it.
- 3 lbs boneless beef short ribs
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon grass (Gourmet Garden)
- ¼ teaspoon ginger (Gourmet Garden)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 carrots julianned
- 2 zucchini julianned
- 2 cups mini eggplant (or I medium eggplant) cut into pieces
- 1½ cups chopped asparagus
- 3 scallions diced
- Place beef in pressure cooker with 2-3 cups water and cook with pressure on High for 20 minutes.
- Whisk soy sauce, vinegar, lemon grass, ginger, sugar, pepper, orange juice and corn starch together and heat in skillet.
- Saute vegetables in separate skillet with a tablespoon oil, cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Then place beef ribs into sauce to coat them.
- Serve over cooked rice with beef and vegetables on top and drizzle sauce on top.
I just love easy meals like these thanks to my pressure cooker they are FAST too. Under 30 minutes till it’s on the table.
Do you have a pressure cooker?
Do you use it?
Share with me your favorite Pressure Cooker meal, I’d love to see what it is.