When I plan a Halloween party, the first thing I think of is the food. Tell me I’m not the only one. For some it’s the shopping, decorating, or costumes. For me it’s all about the food. This years Halloween Party features my new Pumpkin Jalapeno Chili, I’ve attempted pumpkin chili before with mediocre results. This year I got it right. Yippee! I like to keep the food simple and delicious so that I can enjoy the party.
Halloween Party food
The party food included caramel apples, Pumpkin Jalapeno Chili, pretzels with caramel and sprinkles, radish eyeballs with cream cheese and olives, breadstick skeleton bones and mozzarella finger with grape tomatoes.
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 1 diced onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Hot Mexican Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef flavor (beef bouillon)
- 4 jalapenos (roast them until they are black on the outside, then remove seeds and rib and dice)
- 4 cans drained black beans
- In a large pot, brown beef with onion and garlic.
- Add pumpkin, chili powder, cumin, pumpkin pie spice, cloves, water, beef stock and jalapenos.
- Stir in black beans and heat thoroughly.
- Serve with grated cheddar cheese and scallions.
- You can serve it over a small bag of Fritos Corn Chips for a walk around on the go chili, or with bread sticks.
- This recipe can be cut in half for a smaller portion.
It wouldn’t be Halloween without lots of candy.
What a fun party!
Halloween Party Games
Kids always like eating powdered donuts off the clothes line without using their hands, wrapping each other in toilet paper as mummies, and bobbing for apples. Lots of fun for everyone!
Mummy cupcakes are always a big hit at Halloween Parties.
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias #kmarthalloween. All opinions are my own, those are priceless.