If you’re looking for a quick and easy breakfast that you can make ahead of time, this is it!
There are so many times I wished there was something grab and go in the fridge that I really wanted to eat.
This is the one grab and go item I could eat every day!
There are SO many flavor options it’s crazy, I mostly eat them with strawberries and blueberries, but bananas and pineapple are yummy too. Add your favorite fruit, it’s that simple.
It only takes a few minutes to put these together, and you’re all set for days.
I like 4oz. servings if you want them larger just put it in 2 jars or double the recipe if you want 4-8oz. servings.
You’ll find more Oatmeal recipes:
I always have strawberries and blueberries in the fridge, but these would be great with any fresh fruit you have on hand.
You can add toppings to these to customize them.
I like adding some mini chocolate chips to the strawberries, it’s like having a dessert for breakfast without it being overly sweet!
And I really love adding a little coconut to the blueberries.
I’ve added a little peanut butter to the strawberry and it was yummy, and tasted like a PBJ!
- 1 cup oats (not instant)
- 1 cup milk (any variety)
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup fresh fruit
- Additional fruit if desired when eating.
- Toppings if desired, mini chocolate chips, nuts, coconut.
- This recipe makes 16 oz.
- I put mine in 4-4oz glass jars.
- In a medium bowl mix oats with milk, chia seeds, and maple syrup.
- Place 1/2 the amount of fruit in the bottom of the jars (or containers), blueberries fit nicely cut larger fruit, so you can easily get some in each bite.
- Add the oat mixture to the jars, then top it with the remaining fruit.
- Place lids on jars and refrigerate them overnight (or at least a few hours)
- You can top the jars with additional fruit and toppings.