It’s made with Brussels sprouts!
I am a huge Brussels sprouts fan.
I can still remember the first time I had them.
Really, they fill you up way better than lettuce, so they are just perfect for this salad.
It’s easiest I’ve found to slice them in a food processor with the slicing blade attached.
Just pile them into the chamber and start slicing.
In minutes you can slice pounds of Brussels sprouts.
Croutons are typically found in a Caesar salad, mine are just bigger!
I brushed sliced baguette with melted butter and garlic and toasted it in a pan over medium heat.
The parmesan cheese (Oh, the parmesan cheese… how wonderful it is!).
To create large thin slices I used a vegetable peeler and created large slivers.
I like a little added diced red onion and then… the dressing.
- 1-1/2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 -1/2 cup Caesar Dressing
- parmesan cheese
- bread toasted with garlic butter
- add salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor on the slice setting, process the Brussels sprouts.
- Mix in the diced red onion.
- Top with parmesan cheese and toasted garlic bread.