Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Aren’t these festive and the perfect green for St. Patrick’s Day?
They are easy enough to whip up, so you can start celebrating.
Isn’t everyone a little bit Irish on St. Patty’s Day!
Velvet cupcakes wouldn’t be the same without cream cheese frosting, Red Velvet, Green Velvet, they both NEED cream cheese frosting and Oh how I love cream cheese frosting. I even added a bit of mint to these and it made them extra fun!
Well, really I love cream cheese… on anything, cheesecake, bagels, and well if I were being honest sometimes on a piece of toast with strawberry jam, yep…. that makes me very happy.
Well these Green Velvet Cupcakes make me happy too, they are pretty and delicious, a very important combination in cupcakes if you ask me.
How will you be spending St.Patrick’s Day?
Do you make a traditional dinner?
We always celebrate with a traditional St. Patty’s Day feast, we have for as long as I can remember.
Last year I made Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup with Irish Soda Bread Muffins. Sometimes I make this with leftovers or if I have a spare corned beef in the freezer any time of year. It’s wonderfully delicious.
So get in the St.Patty’s Day spirit and make a yummy meal and make these fun and festive cuppies for dessert!
- 1 box white cake mix (plus ingredients listed to prepare)
- 2 tablespoons dry buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 8 drops green food coloring
- 1 3.4 oz package vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon mint extract
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3½ cups powdered sugar
- tiny shamrock sprinkles
- prepare cake mix according to package directions, add to it the dry buttermilk, food coloring, cocoa and dry pudding mix.
- Bake cupcakes according to package.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- Beat room temperature butter.
- Then beat in room temperature cream cheese.
- Add in extracts, heavy cream and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Pipe frosting on cupcakes with a piping bag and a 2D tip.
- Apply tiny shamrock sprinkles before icing sets up so they stick.
I have MANY fun St. Patrick’s Day Recipes and Ideas posted HERE