I can imagine these guys running around screaming……
I want my MUMMY!!!!!
Proof the gingerbread cookie cutter isn’t just for Christmas time.
I couldn’t resist making these guys into mummies.
Break out your gingerbread cookie cutter early this year, these little guys are just TOO cute to say no to.
Roll out your dough between wax paper to avoid using too much flour and drying out the dough.
Place them on a cookie sheet and remember not to overcrowd cookies when baking them….trust me on this.
I wish you had smel-a-vision, chocolate and pumpkin spices…..it’s getting yummy in here.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice baking emulsion (I used Loranns)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup melted and cooled 60% cacao Ghiradelli Chips
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa (dutch process)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In mixer with bowl, beat butter and sugar
- Add egg, pumpkin emulsion, vanilla, melted and cooled chocolate, cocoa and pumpkin spice, mix well.
- Add in flour, baking powder, salt and blend until all combined.
- Roll out cookies in between wax paper or lightly floured work surface to ¼ inch thick and cut with cookie cutter.
- Place cookies onto parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 7-9 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Remove cookies from baking sheets when they are cooled.
- !Royal Icing Recipe
- I piped the eyes on with a #2 tip on the whites of the eyes and a #1 with the black.
- I used a #264 tip for the white mummy stripes, alternatively you can use a #5 pinched into an oval if needed.
I piped on royal icing back and forth and a bit diagonal to decorate the mummies.
I piped on eyes onto the cookies.
If you need eyes for other Halloween posts here is my post on royal icing googly eyes.
Take a look at all these fun treats for Halloween from everyone in the #HolidayFoodParty
Below is a clickable index that will take you to each recipe:
Click on any of the photos above for the recipes.
Looks like it’s time for you to get into the kitchen and try some of these recipes