It’s no secret I love rice pudding, and Horchata reminds me of delicious rice pudding.
I first had Horchata years ago and one sip and that is all that came to my mind, rice pudding.
It tastes like yummy rice pudding, with cinnamon, maybe nutmeg, and it’s creamy, but not heavy. Icy cold, oh I could go for a glass of Horchata right now. And some tacos!
So Horchata and Rice Pudding, the tow of those got me thinking about pudding cookies.
Yep adding pudding to cookies has got to be a win-win, right?
Think Mexican Snicker Doodles. You do like Snicker Doodles don’t you? or do you just like saying Snicker Doodle, it’s a pretty fun name! Now I’m side tracked thinking of Snicker Doodles and how I really need to make some of those again!
Bake to the Horchata,
really it’s all about saying fun words today.
Like saying Horchata! It sounds like a party, doesn’t it.
Well lets PARTY and make some Horchata Cookies!
- ¾ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Horchata Extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⅓ cups flour
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream butter with sugars.
- Add in eggs, extracts, nutmeg and pudding mix.
- Mix in flour and baking soda.
- Use a medium 2 tablespoon scoop to form cookies.
- Mix powdered sugar with cinnamon.
- Roll cookie dough into a ball and roll into cinnamon sugar mixture
- Place balls of cookie dough on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Then press lightly with the bottom of a smooth bottom glass or measuring cup.
- bake for 8-10 minutes until set and firm on the bottom.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet.
- Then dust the tops of cookies with additional cinnamon sugar mixture.
I’ve seen lots of pudding cookies on Pinterest and decided that these would be my first pudding cookies. I based the recipe off of Jen’s Favorite Cookies: Cookies and Cream Pudding Cookies. They look delicious so I figured that would be a good place to start, I made slight adjustments to accommodate the Horchata flavor. So Jen is to thank for the wonderful inspiration on these and don’t forget to check out her MANY yummy cookies and other recipes like Lemon Pancakes with Lemon Syrup.