Yes, I couldn’t resist grilling cake, really and it was delicious.
I loved the toasted taste and the crispy edges, and so I piled on grilled pineapple and this easy and wonderful sauce, oh and then it was topped off with toasted coconut and a cherry.
Really, you can’t go wrong with a cherry on top, can you?
Sam’s Club asked me “Will it Grill?”
I walked the Aisles of the store wondering what I could come up with to grill that maybe you don’t see everyday. I had a few ideas along the way, but once I saw the Angel Food Cake I knew… I’m going to grill cake and fruit and put that delicious cheesecake dip I’ve made for years on it and I dress it up like a sundae….hence the cherry on top.
- 4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3 oz marshmallow fluff
- 1 Angel Food Cake
- 1 package pineapple spears
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- Maraschino Cherries
- Mix room temperature cream cheese with marshmallow fluff until smooth and creamy. Place this into piping bag.
- Toast coconut in pan on medium-low heat until golden.
- Slice Angel Food Cake into 1½ inch-2 inch slices.
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees.
- Place pineapple on grill for 10 minutes turning so all sides get heated evenly.
- Place Angel Food Pieces on Grill the last 4 minutes while you are grilling the pineapple, turning each minute to toast each side. They will then all be done about the same time.
- Place the cake on the serving plate with a drizzle of the sauce then add the pineapple and another drizzle of sauce, top with toasted coconut and a cherry.
The “sauce” reminds me of a cheesecake-ish filling. It’s great on other fruit as well. You can add vanilla extract to it, or another extract that you prefer. This would be great with lemon extract and I did see a lemon bundt cake while I was shopping and you could take this dessert in another direction and go with a whole lemon theme, just an idea!
Do you like to GRILL?
Would you like a NEW GRILL?
I’m giving away this Traditional Barrel Charcoal Barbeque Grill courtesy of Sam’s Club.
winner will be selected on Sunday April 29th at 9pm.
Tell me what interesting item you think I should try to grill next Extra Entries
1. Follow Created by Diane on Twitter and tweet: Enter to WIN a Charcoal BBQ from @createdbydiane and see her GRILLED CAKE http://su.pr/2l1E6p #giveaway
then come back and share the link with me in the comments
2. Subscribe via email to Created by Diane (the box to enter your email is on the right side under “subscribe”
then leave me a comment telling me you subscribed
3. Share this post on your facebook page, come back and leave a comment with the link to the post. (to get the direct link click on the time stamp of the post on facebook and copy the url)
Be sure to leave a comment for each entry.
Next weekend Sam’s Club is inspiring families to add some sizzle to backyard barbecues by shining the spotlight on favorite fare and unexpected grilling ingredients. To help spark creative outdoor dining, Sam’s Club is inviting Members and non-Members from across the country to sample some of the best grilling options during its annual “Spring Taste of Sam’s Club.” The free event, taking place Friday, April 27 to Sunday, April 29 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., will showcase must-have merchandise and grilling essentials to create unforgettable spring gatherings.
If you liked this post, you may like:
I was compensated to purchase items for this post. All opinions are my own, those are priceless.