There are many reasons to eat low carb it is manageable for losing weight and maintaining healthy-weight, controlling blood sugar, reduces sugar crashes and cravings, while increasing energy, and enjoying healthy foods.
And not just eating just salad! I love a good salad, but can’t survive on salad alone!
Filling your body with real foods, that satisfy your taste and hunger.
Eliminating simple carbohydrates like sugar, flour, and processed foods and eating complex carbohydrates like vegetables will allow you to reach your goals.
You’ll begin by filling out your goal sheet. Feel free to write notes as you go to remind yourself motivate yourself to stay with it! Keep track long term on paper as many apps will squish that info and you may forget where you started.
Seeing how long it took you to reach your goal when you get many months into this plan is nice. Keep track of your favorite meals too, so you can enjoy them again and again.
I recommend tracking everything on a calorie counting app on your phone recording calories daily and weight loss weekly. This will help you stay accountable. I use the “Lose It “app.
Keep in mind healthy weight loss is a pound or two a week. Often people lose more in the beginning, then it tapers off to 1-2 lbs a week. so 25 lbs will take 5-6 mo. 50 lbs will take about a year.
There is no better day to start than TODAY!
You’ll look back and be glad you didn’t wait another day.
IF you want to PRINT this, here is the printable PDF file.
Below is a list to help remind you of what to eat and what to avoid
4 Tips for successful low carb eating:
1. Be committed – you will get results that are long-lasting and get you closer to your goal.
2. Clear out your cabinets and fridge – get rid of the foods you won’t be eating. Not having them around makes it way easier. If they aren’t there, you can’t eat them. Avoid the lunchroom at work if you are tempted to indulge with the endless desserts.
3. Stock up on real foods – vegetables, lean meats, eggs, cheese – Preparing yourself is key. Having items on hand will help you make better decisions. Keep a list on your fridge, of your favorite go-to items. Bring food with you when you leave the house, it’s much easier to eat well if you have the food with you.
4. Have a plan – keep track of your weight weekly, calories daily, have a list of foods, meals, and snacks you’re going to eat. That way you won’t stress when you’re hungry and you won’t revert to your “old way” of eating when it’s time to prepare your meals or eat out.
Low Carb, High Fat (LCHF) Diet: a low carbohydrate, high-fat diet which decreases carbohydrate and sugar intake while increasing fat intake. *When we talk about “carbs” it’s referring to simple carbs or “bad” carbs, sugary starchy carbs, there are carbs in vegetables and other foods, but those are complex carbs and get digested in your body slower, don’t quickly raise blood sugar and we refer to these as “good carbs”.
Reducing “bad” carbs – sugar, pasta, rice, and bread is not as hard as it sounds even for the carb lover like me. Initially, you may miss it, but really your body is missing the sugar. Once you start eating enough real food, you’ll be full and satisfied by eating fiber to feel full, healthy fat to burn for energy instead of the fast burning sugar that leaves you craving more sugar quickly.
Filling your body with real foods, that satisfy your taste and hunger. Eliminating simple carbohydrates like sugar, flour, and processed foods and eating complex carbohydrates like vegetables will allow you to reach your goals.
You’ll learn new ways of eating and items that you like, instead of reverting to your old unhealthy habits. You’ll create new habits that are sustainable.
click for the easy to print GOAL SHEET here.
- print out the goal sheet
- weigh yourself
- don’t eat bad carbs
- keep track of what you eat including calories on an app
- clean out the “junk” in your cabinets/fridge
- make a list of foods you like and will eat
- print out some of my low carb recipes HERE. You can always find all my low carb recipes by going to my recipe index on my website and search “low carb”
I’ll send you some motivating emails, recipes, and more to help you keep on track!
Eating low carb is not just a diet, it’s a lifestyle!
Now the BIG news…
Just for YOU!
It’s 30 pages and full of valuable information, the guide is to get you started, but the ebook is full of complete details, what I really eat, recipes, eating out guide, my before and after, testimonials, and so much more! CLICK HERE to get the EBOOK.
Don’t miss seeing all my tips and tricks for staying on track and so much more, get your digital copy of my Low Carb Ebook, you’ll refer to it again and again!