I never get tired of pasta salad!
And this one is FULL of delicious flavor, tangy and lemony, and oh so yummy!
Can you make pasta salad the night before?
How long does pasta salad last in the fridge?
One great thing about pasta salad recipes especially with an acidic dressing is that they stay great for days in the fridge. This pasta will keep well for 3-5 days, if you make it a day or so ahead of time, add the cheese just before serving for the freshest pasta salad.
How do you keep pasta salad moist?
The oil and lemon coat the pasta and keep this pasta recipe from drying out.
- 1 pound mini ziti pasta (or penne)
- 1 bunch asparagus (1-1 1/2 lbs)
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 leaves fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, then put pasta in an ice bath.
- Cut and roast asparagus in a hot skillet (al dente) not soft
- Drain pasta.
- Place pasta, asparagus, feta cheese, oil mixed with lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Toss until combined and then add basil and mix.
- Serve chilled.
- *if the lemons are too tangy for you, heat the sauce on the stove to mellow the flavor, you can also add minced garlic if heating the sauce.
- *heating it with 2 cloves of crushed garlic is wonderful also.