Vanilla cupcakes are always a GREAT idea, tender and delicious. Decorate them with frosting for any occasion, these were piped like footballs as we were heading to a San Diego Charger Party… Be creative, pipe on frosting ing the colors of your favorite team.
Bake the cupcakes at 325 for dark pans or 350 for regular pans until a toothpick comes out clean about 23-25 minutes.
THESE are always a fun cupcake for football games.
- 3⅔ all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1¼ tsp salt
- 1⅓ cups unsalted butter
- 2⅓ cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs lightly beaten
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cups milk
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature.
- Over a sheet of waxed paper, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds. Add the granulated sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes, stopping the mixer occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the eggs a little at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla just until incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Reduce the speed to low and add the flour mixture in three additions, alternating with the milk and beginning and ending with the flour. Beat each addition just until incorporated, stopping the mixer occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Fill the cupcake liners ¾ the way full with 3 tablespoons batter
- bake at 325 for 25 minutes in dark cupcake pans, or 350° for 23 minutes for regular cupcake pans.
- it's so nice these come out such a pretty light color.