Fall is one of my favorite times of year…
I won’t lie, it has a lot to do with PUMPKIN!
I look forward to making all things pumpkin this time of year. I never know why it ever has to end.
All things pumpkin don’t have to be all sweet, have you tried any savory pumpkin dishes?
I really like Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes they are a true favorite.
Good thing I don’t have to only choose one favorite when it comes to pumpkin, it would be WAY too difficult to choose.
I could see the contest now…one bowl of pasta, one bowl of potatoes, another bowl of pasta, another bowl of potatoes. I’d be on a carb overload for days trying to choose.
I do really love carbs!
Since there is no reason to have to decide between the two, lets get started making this fun pasta and sauce.
I colored a pound of spaghetti with orange and black food coloring like I did with Red, White & Blue Spaghetti a few months ago.
I use Americolor food coloring and find that there is no after taste with this food coloring.
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup greek yogurt (plain)
- ½ onion diced (about ½ cup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the bacon and heat thoroughly and heat it until it's crisp.
- Add in tomato sauce, pumpkin, yogurt, chicken broth.
- Bring to a slight boil on medium heat then turn on low, add nutmeg and crushed red pepper.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over pasta.
The bacon gives this sauce a slightly smokey flavor which I think is perfect for this.
I garnished the dish with grated Romano Cheese and roasted shelled pumpkin seeds.
other pumpkin spice recipes you may like