Grilled S’more Brownie

S’more are so fun! Just wait until you get a load of how FUN this Grilled S’more Brownie is…

A dessert you don’t have to turn you oven on for.

This one is grilled.

Perfect for backyard BBQ’s. You don’t have to leave the party and everyone will enjoy a hot off the grill dessert!

Place brownie mix into greased skillet and top with graham cracker crumbs.

Bake it on the grill!

No heating up the house with the oven with this one.

Place chocolate chips on top of graham cracker crumbs after it’s mostly baked.

Then top it off with marshmallows. Leave enough room for them to swell.

Marshmallows get nice and puffy when they are heated.

Remove from grill when marshmallows are toasted,.

*If you marshmallows aren’t getting golden brown, place skillet under broiler for a minute to two. They don’t take long at all to toast under a broiler, and two minutes under the broiler will most likely not heat up the whole house :)

Scoop out and serve warm.

4.6 from 15 reviews
Grilled S'more Brownie

Ingredients
  • Brownie Mix ( I used Pillsbury) along with ingredients to prepare according to package
  • ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
  • ¾ cup chocolate chip
  • 1½ cups mini marshmallows
Instructions
  1. Heat Grill to 325 degrees.
  2. Oil 12" Cast iron skillet.
  3. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions.
  4. Pour mix into cast iron skillet.
  5. Place graham cracker crumbs on top of brownie mix.
  6. Place skillet on grill and cook for 25-35 minutes at 300-325 degrees.
  7. Test with tooth pick, don't over cook, but make sure it's at more than ½ way cooked.
  8. Place chocolate chips on top, spread with offset spatula to coat brownie evenly.
  9. Place mini marshmallows on top, be sure not to overcrowd them, they will swell and puff up when heated.
  10. Place skillet back on grill for until marshmallows are lightly brown about 3-5 minutes.
  11. The skillet will stay hot so the brownie will continue to cook. Place knife along edge to test brownie without disturbing marshmallows.
  12. This is best served, very warm.
  13. Don't try to cut it into pieces, the marshmallows will pull off the top.
  14. Scoop out with large serving spoon, scoop out the serving and remove from serving spoon with another spoon or knife.

*note- be sure temperature of grill isn’t too hot, like an oven it will burn an become dry. Try an oven thermometer if you grill doesn’t have a thermometer.

I could see this with some with a big scoop of ice cream too, can’t you?

Grilled S'more Brownie in Cast Iron Skillet @createdbydiane

grilled s'more brownie @createdbydiane

If you like S’mores you may like:

S’more Cobbler

S’more Toffee

Peanut Butter S’more Bites

S’more Cookies

Comments

Sorry about that I just added the skillet size. I used a 12″ skillet. If yours is smaller, just test for doneness.

Theresa says

I have no idea how to check the temp of my grill….I have a gas one…do I just put it on high and do a toothpick test like in the oven?

My grill has a thermostat, if yours doesn’t; I’d preheat it like you do an oven, then turn it to medium heat to cook it and yes test with toothpick. Its ok if it’s moist in center but set up, it will cook more when you add toppings and when cooling slightly before serving. I’m not sure if an oven temperature gauge will work on a grill but I’m guessing it will, they are about $3 at walmart, that is also another option.

Theresa says

Thank you so much for replying! Thanks…I never thought of that. I will go get one this weekend and try this!! I can’t wait. I will let you know how it goes.

Can you be my mom?

Just kidding, I’m 25 and I love my mom.

But jeeeez this makes me wish I was still of the age when I could eat this whole thing by myself and not feel like a million pounds. I will definitely have to make this someday, it’s like all of my favorite snacks in one. Kudos!

This. Is. Pure. Genius. Can I just eat this right now, through the screen? Your photos are amazing! And I like the fact that it’s fairly simple and easy to do.

I’ll definitely be back on your blog to steal more yummy ideas/recipes. :) Thanks for sharing!

Kylie Agnew says

Yummy. I think I gained 15 pounds before I reached the end of the thread. Thank you for sharing :)

Siva says

Oh dear gracious! I think it’s time for me to become the best aunt ever! I’m making this first thing tomorrow afternoon for all 14 nieces and nephews while they’re visiting. 2 for them to share, and one for the hard working aunt! ;D thanks so so so much for the recipe!

Katie says

Wow…it looks so amazingly good in pictures and I’m sure they taste that good as well. I like recipes (like the one you shared above) that are simple to make and are yet innovative and interesting. I usually prefer desserts and a snack that is pre-done and only need to go into the oven so I don’t miss out on the fun and chit chat while being busy cooking. So I liked it even more when I read that I won’t have to leave the party and everyone will enjoy a hot off the grill dessert! I shall try this in the next get-together at my place. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Allison says

I did make this dessert. It didn’t come out as well as I hoped, but I did not know the temperature of the grill and didn’t keep a close eye on it. The bottom of the brownies burned, while the middle was still not done. In the end, it was edible, but I need to try it again to do it right. I might just do it in the oven next time. I wonder if it would also work well in a dutch oven over coals? This dessert has lots of potential.

Allison, try an oven thermometer on the grill to keep track of the temperature, that should help. Like an oven if it gets too hot, it will dry out and burn. It will work in the oven if you prefer that option. I haven’t cooked in a dutch oven over coals but I’m sure it will work you’ll just have to keep an eye on it. Hope it works out better for you next time.

Katie says

Hi this recipe seems great, thinking about making it for a camping trip.. Is it possible to cook over a open fire? Or will the bottom burn?? Thanks for the recipes and please reply soon, thanks Diane xox :)

I would bring a lid, or a thin aluminum pie plate and use it for a lid, that will help trap in some of the heat and ensure it bakes up evenly. It will also help melt the marshmallows.

1. […] 8.Ce-ţi mai trebuie de la viaţă decât bezele cu ciolată? Îţi zic eu, un job. Dar până una alta… […]

2. […] use stumble upon and have food as a favorite….here is what Im stealing for tonights comp dessert! Grilled S'more Brownie | Created by Diane Reply With Quote + Reply to Thread « Previous Thread | Next […]