I never get tired of pasta salad! There is something about lemon, fresh basil and feta cheese.
Pasta salads are so great, don’t you just love them!
I love bringing pasta salad on summer cook outs, the beach and parties.
To tell you the truth, I just LOVE having pasta salad in the refrigerator so anytime I’m hungry I can just grab a bowl and enjoy.
Lemon Pasta Salad with Feta Cheese
- 1 pound mini ziti pasta (I use Barilla Pasta, it's my favorite)
- 1 bunch asparagus (1-1½ lbs)
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 leaves fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, then put pasta in an ice bath.
- Cut and roast asparagus in a hot skillet (al dente) not soft
- Drain pasta.
- Place pasta, asparagus, feta cheese, oil mixed with lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Toss until combined and then add basil and mix.
- Serve chilled.
- *if the lemons are too tangy for you, heat the sauce on the stove to mellow the flavor, you can also add minced garlic if heating the sauce.
- *heating it with 2 cloves of crushed garlic is wonderful also.
Join GoodLife Eats for the Surprisingly Nutritious Spaghetti Link-Up sponsored by Barilla pasta.