I never get tired of pasta salad! There is something about lemon, fresh basil and feta cheese.
Pasta salads are so great, don’t you just love them!
I love bringing pasta salad on summer cook outs, the beach and parties.
To tell you the truth, I just LOVE having pasta salad in the refrigerator so anytime I’m hungry I can just grab a bowl and enjoy.
Lemon Pasta Salad with Feta Cheese
- 1 pound mini ziti pasta (I use Barilla Pasta, it's my favorite)
- 1 bunch asparagus (1-1½ lbs)
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 leaves fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, then put pasta in an ice bath.
- Cut and roast asparagus in a hot skillet (al dente) not soft
- Drain pasta.
- Place pasta, asparagus, feta cheese, oil mixed with lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Toss until combined and then add basil and mix.
- Serve chilled.
- *if the lemons are too tangy for you, heat the sauce on the stove to mellow the flavor, you can also add minced garlic if heating the sauce.
- *heating it with 2 cloves of crushed garlic is wonderful also.
Come join The Salad Social at TidyMom sponsored by The International Olive Council’s Add Some Life
Join GoodLife Eats for the Surprisingly Nutritious Spaghetti Link-Up sponsored by Barilla pasta.