Strawberry Chocolate Chip Scones

If you like
chocolate covered strawberries,
just wait until you see this…
I cannot get over how delicious these chocolate strawberry scones are,
it’s my new favorite strawberry dessert.
2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup buttermilk or {1/2 cup milk and 1/2 T vinegar}
2 eggs
chocolate to melt for drizzling on top
In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add buttermilk, one egg and one egg yolk {reserve white}, Mix until blended then add strawberries and chocolate chips, mix in but don’t crush berries.Drop dough onto lightly foured surface and knead delicately, just until dough comes together.
Flour hands and pat dough into a rectangle and cut into triangles.
brush tops with reserved egg white.
Bake 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
When cooled, melt chocolate and drizzle on top.
20 Comments

don't forget to confirm email sent and enjoy every recipe

Comments

~Carrie from Cottage Cozy~ says:

I love strawberry scones…and with the chocolate…ooo la la!

Marsha - Mom of 3 Fab Divas! says:

These look delicious. Mmmmmm. I love your Blog!

mommyoffaith19 says:

looks SOOO good

Chocolate, strawberries AND scones! Yummy!

Those look so good! Great pictures too!

Tiff @ Making The World Cuter says:

Oh these look SO good! I am going to make up a batch today! My friend will love these for her birthday! Thanks for sharing!
    -Tiff

Sinful Southern Sweets says:

Oh my gosh!! They are simply stunning!!

Barbara Bakes says:

I love chocolate covered strawberries and I have all the ingredients I need to make these! If it has fruit and it's a scone, then I can serve it for breakfast – right?

beckaboots says:

My mouth is watering just looking at them- so pretty and delicious looking! Great job :)
    -Bekah

Oh.My.Goodness! This looks absolutely delicious. I am making these for sure! Thanks for linking up!

Catherine says:

Oh my… is this heaven? :)

Sue Sparks says:

Okay, I MUST make these!!! :)

Oh my! Diane! That looks amazing!
    ~Liz@HoosierHomemade

Just found you……..you naughty, naughty temptress! These look AMAZING!

Diane those look SOOOO yummy!! I'm adding them to my MUST try list!!

Wow! I am hosting yet another baby shower and we decided on brunch! how perfect would these be? I am so excited to make these now. maybe I won't be able to wait until the shower… maybe I need to go and make them now. yes I think that is what I will do!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
    Oh yea and don't forget the bake sale I am going to be planning in the next couple of weeks. This is what I will be making!

I Love the combination and have everything I need to make them right now. I cannot wait to take a bite into one.

I am pregnant, so of course when I saw this post, I HAD to try them. Plus it snowed today and bummed me out, but it made for a perfect baking day. SO DELICIOUS! AND ridiculously easy might I add! Thanks. Love your blog. Stumbled upon it a few weeks ago from the Idea Room.

Ethan Scott says:

Thanks Diane for sharing the pictures and recipes of chocolate covered strawberries. These are awesome!

1. [...] I happen to LOVE. Thinking of chocolate covered strawberries has me thinking of these delicious Chocolate and Strawberry Scones which would be perfect on Valentine’s Day. I hope to have enough time to whip up a batch of [...]