Have a Heart-pie tarts

These are so simple to make and so delicious.
I rolled out pie crust and used a heart shape cookie cutter
placed them on a baking sheet and added a small amount of raspberry jam to them
be careful not to add too much as it will seep out when baking

wet the edges and add another heart on top and press edges with a fork
and poke fork on top so the steam can release, and the pie crust can expand properly

I baked them at 425 for 12 minutes,
 but found the oven was a little hot and turned it to 375 for almost 15 minutes
 on the second batch and it worked better

I added some chocolate chips to the filling on some and they were yummy,
I also made some with just chocolate chips inside-what a treat!
Some were topped with powdered sugar but got eaten before I could get a photo :)
others were drizzled with melted chocolate on top.

Comments

Blackberry Jam Cafe says

OMG – these are like little bite size pies! It doesn't get much better than that! So pretty, and so, so delish!
    Susan

Mommyof2girlz says

Those hearts look perfect..and so yummy! I will defiantly be trying this out with my little chefs, thanks for sharing :)

Blackberry Jam Cafe says

I like the business to blogger idea. I'll check it out. I left something for you on my blog – stop by and pick it up when you get a minute.
    Susan

Diana's Cocina says

So cute. i will have to give these a try.

I'm your new follower!

Come check me out when you get a chance.

Cindy @ Chalk it Up! says

These look delicious and easy!! Chocolate and raspberry are my favorite combo! I may be trying these this weekend!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog! I love yours! I'll be adding it to my blogroll:)
    Have a happy Valentine's day!

Janie B says

Hello! I found you through Blackberry Jam Cafe. I'm a new follower. Those heart tarts look so good! I've gotta try them.

Katy ~ says

These are so very clever and delicious. Of course now that I've seen this, I'm going to HAVE to make these as well! Excellent.