Easy whipped goat cheese topped with sour cherry jam, so delicious.
I just love cheese and crackers and if that cheese is in dip form better yet!’
The tangy sweet combination of this duo is amazing.
You can choose any variety of jam you prefer. I love this sour cherry jam. I recently made a cranberry syrup and had some of the fruit left over and had some on goat cheese… that’s a great flavor combo as well. If you happen to be serving near the holidays make some Cranberry Margaritas or make a quick mocktail of cranberry juice or cranberry syrup, seltzer, and fresh lime juice. Another great option is topping it with Jalapeno Pepper Jelly.
I found some fun bread sticks and fig and olive crackers like these to add to the platter, sliced baguette, toasted or not would work well too.
Whip goat cheese with equal parts goat cheese and cream cheese and add 2-3 tablespoons of milk or heavy cream to blend it smooth. Use a food processor, and immersion blender with the whip attachment or hand mixer.
I garnished the plate with some sprigs of rosemary, perfect for the holiday or any time of year, some sprigs of greenery like herbs go well on cheese platters, parsley, basil or mint are good options too.
Whipped Goat Cheese with Jam
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- optional pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup jam sour cherry cranberry, fig, jalapeno pepper jelly are all great options
- Use a food processor, and immersion blender with the whip attachment or hand mixer.
- Whip goat cheese with equal parts goat cheese and cream cheese and add 2-3 tablespoons of milk or heavy cream to blend it smooth.
- Spread the cheese mixture on a plate, then top with jam. and use the back of a spoon to gently spread over goat cheese.