I’d like to introduce you to my new favorite cookie.
Not only do they look like pumpkins they taste like the most wonderful pumpkin cookie.
I made them based off my Snowball Cookie Recipe,
otherwise, know as “the Wedding Cookie”.
Mexican Wedding Cookies,
Italian Wedding Cookies,
you know them, right?
Making a fun flavor based on a classic cookie is so fun, and these are just adorable, perfect to serve all fall season and into winter.
These cookies are just the perfect “pumpkin” shape and color thanks to a few drops of orange food coloring, they smell like pumpkin and taste amazing. With a cute little pumpkin seed pressed into the top, they would look great on your Thanksgiving dessert table, don’t you think!
And trust me they are great for Christmas cookie trays too.
This is a fun cookie to make for a Christmas cookie exchange.
These are melt-in-your-mouth cookies! I can’t rave over them enough myself or you might get bored, but others said they LOVE me when they had them and they aren’t even related to me.
Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- orange food coloring Orange Americolor
- pepitas shelled roasted salted pumpkin seeds
- In a medium bowl with a mixer beat butter with powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice, nuts, and vanilla, and mix until incorporated.
- Roll into balls.
- I use a tablespoon size scoop.
- Place a pumpkin seed into the top of each cookie
- Bake at 325 for 15 minutes.