This is one unexpected cookie and banana and peanut butter chips are a true winning combination…. totally delicious.
These cookies have a nice light banana flavor that goes so great with the peanut butter chips.They aren’t overly peanut butter tasting which allows you to enjoy the soft yummy flavor of the banana.
They aren’t overly peanut butter tasting which allows you to enjoy the soft yummy flavor of the banana.
These are thick cookies with a crisp edge and have a great texture while not being too cake-like or moist like banana bread… not that there is anything wrong with banana bread, and if you do like peanut butter and banana check out this
not that there is anything wrong with banana bread, and if you do like peanut butter and banana check out this Glazed Peanut Butter Banana Bread.
The crisp turbinado sugar on the tops adds a great light crunch to the cookies.
I just LOVE cookies, and really who doesn’t?!?
Crazy people I guess.
I never get tired of having the cookie jar full… well half empty is more of a common scene as the first try usually get eaten as soon as they aren’t too hot to touch.
I’m not going to lie, some days breakfast consists of eating cookies and I don’t feel the bit bad about it. Although I don’t recommend doing it every day unless you like expanding pants!
But some days it’s A-OK I think.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup banana cut into small pieces
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar for topping the cookies
- Beat butter and sugar in a large mixer bowl.
- Add in eggs and bananas mix well.
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix well then on low add in peanut butter chips.
- Use a 3 tablespoon scoop for 24 large cookies, place cookie dough onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Add the turbinado sugar onto the tops of the cookies.
- If you like seeing chips on top of the cookies, reserve 1/4 cup of chips instead of mixing them in, add them on top.
- Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until cookies are golden on the bottom and bottom edges and firm on top. Test the inside of the cookie with a toothpick it should come out clean.
- Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheets.
If you like this or any other recipe on Created by Diane be sure to share the post with the ones you love. You can click on the “share” buttons on the top and the bottom of each post, you can share it on social media or in an email.