These Pineapple Cookies with Pineapple Filling Sandwich cookies are extra tasty… and extra special when they’re homemade.
Filled cookies are so much fun, aren’t they!
Well, my mother requested a pineapple cookie recipe.
Very unique, but I was up to the challenge.
The first couple of batches were a learning experience.
They weren’t filled, and I topped each cookie with pineapple jam.
While they tasted good, I didn’t like the presentation they were delicious though. The jam had actually spread out too much and “melted” off each cookie.
I’m glad I persisted because I came up with this filled version that is just heavenly.
These are a simple cut-out cookie made with pineapple flavor. If you can’t find it in a store nearby you can order Pineapple Extract on Amazon Here.
You can use any shape cookie cutter, but I chose this round shape with the pretty scalloped edge.
Now let’s get to the fun part of this cookie, which is the filling!
I wanted a distinct pineapple-y flavor filling to complement the cookies, but already tried jam and that didn’t work. So I added the jam to frosting and Wow, it’s the perfect filling for these cookies in terms of both taste and presentation.
You can simply spread a bit of the frosting between the two cookies, but I piped mine on with a frosting tip for that extra-special touch.
These look like something out of a bakery and taste even better. And I love the unique flavor. My friend even declared these cookies one of her top favorite cooNeedless
Needless to say, my mother was very pleased with the results. Yes, I had to make a double batch so there would be enough to go around for my family, too!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon pineapple extract
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Beat butter with powdered sugar and blend well.
- Mix in egg and extracts, then add in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Blend on medium until the dough is well combined.
- Roll cookie dough out 1/4" thick and cut with desired cookie cutter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes, the bottoms of the cookies will be lightly golden the tops will stay light in color.
- Allow cookies to completely cool on baking sheet.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (milk can be substituted)
- 1/3 cup pineapple jam (my homemade pineapple jam recipe here)
- In mixer bowl beat butter with powdered sugar.
- Add in heavy cream until it's smooth and mix in pineapple jam.
- Frosting should be smooth and silky.
- Place frosting into a piping bag fitted with a large closed star tip (I used a 2D tip) and pipe the frosting onto 1/2 of the cookies and top with the other 1/2 of the cookies.
- Chill the cookies filled with frosting for the frosting to set up firm.