Bacon, lettuce, and tomato…. it’s one of the most delicious sandwiches ever, now you can enjoy it ANYTIME, even on the go, at a bbq and perfect for a midnight snack!
BLT Macaroni Salad
It’s no secret how much I love pasta and there are so many reasons this will be making it’s way too many get-togethers for MANY years to come.
Most macaroni salads as you know are mixed with mayonnaise, this one is a little different.
There is mayo in this dish, I made it homemade, it’s really easy and here is my post on how to make homemade mayo I did adjust a few things instead of lemon juice, I used lime juice and I added a bunch of basil, oh it’s so delicious!
There is fresh spinach, tomatoes and of course bacon.
I used precooked bacon, I always have it in the fridge. I am someone who thinks bacon goes with just about EVERYTHING! Of course, you can cook up come bacon if you don’t have a stash of bacon in your fridge already cooked like I do, I don’t understand why everyone doesn’t have a fridge full of bacon and oh let’s say…..cheese, two of my favorites!
I prefer my macaroni salads and pasta salads with a minimal amount of mayo, I’ll let you know how much I’ve added, and also let you know, you can add more if that is more to your liking.
I never tire of a new tasty pasta salad, perfect for potluck get-togethers, parties, to have in the fridge for lunches, and this one is great for brunches too.
This just screams eat me! Don’t you think?!?
I love making pasta salad even if we aren’t going to a party or bringing it somewhere. It’s great to have a dish full of food in the fridge to eat anytime!
- 1 lb macaroni pasta
- 3 cups fresh spinach chopped
- 12 grape tomato but in quarters
- 12 pieces cooked bacon cut into pieces
- Homemade basil mayonnaise recipe follows, if you don't want to make it use purchased mayonnaise and add 10 leaves finely diced basil.
- Add more mayo if you prefer.
- Cook macaroni noodles according to package directions.
- Rinse noodles with cold water.
- While noodles cook, prepare flavored mayonnaise.
- Mix mayonnaise with noodles.
- Stir spinach, tomatoes and bacon into noodles.
- refrigerate 1 hour for beat flavor.
- 1 cup oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (or vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 leaves fresh basil
- With an immersion blender in tall cup whip oil egg yolk and lemon juice, salt and basil leaves.