Don’t forget the cranberry sauce its’ a must have, on any holiday table!
Orange Walnut Cranberry Sauce
I’ve been making this cranberry sauce for years and years and when I recently mentioned it to a few people they said they have never heard of it or had it. I was surprised!
I recently posted 6 cranberry sauce recipes HERE
Since we’re counting down to a big holiday meal here, I thought I’d share one more with you.
My old favorite.
Still plenty of time to make a fun new cranberry sauce for the upcoming holiday meal.
So grab a pot and spoon and let’s get cookin’
I just love the flavors in this cranberry sauce with the addition of oranges and walnuts!
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 oz cranberries
- 1 11 oz can mandarin oranges (drained)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Bring orange juice, water, sugar and cranberries to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat.
- Cook on medium-low for 10 minutes.
- Take the saucepan off the stove.
- Stir in mandarin oranges and walnuts.
- As the sauce cools it will thicken.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
- This is one item you can make ahead of time for the holidays and keep in the refrigerator.
- Keeps well for 2 weeks in the fridge.