Valentine Pretzel Toffee
It’s February is upon us and that means all things pretty, heart shaped, pink and red are upon us.
This is one of these recipes you will want to have on hand,
You’ll want this around, if you love someone you’ll want to share this with them,
if someone breaks your heart, you will definitely want this around to comfort you and remind you that the heart heals…
sometimes it heals quickly, sometimes it takes longer….and sometimes not, but this i
it all depends on the break,
…it breaks my heart to see that no one but me put the dishes away today.
Really I thought someone else would do it and WOW was I disappointed. So maybe 5 pieces was needed to help me get past it while I put the dishes away myself and then was able to move on with my day.
You will want to print this recipe out until you memorize it. You may need to make many batches, all depends on your heartbreak. As you can believe I could go through many batches, since I seem to always have PLENTY of dishes to do and maybe no one else has noticed this!
This really is so fast and easy to make, you can easily double the recipe for a larger batch.
- 8 oz pretzel sticks
- 10 oz Dark Chocolate (I used Merkins Melting wafers)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate (melting wafers)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Valentine Sprinkles
- Lay pretzels flat on a 1/4 sheet pan.
- Boil butter and sugar until it reaches 298 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Pour toffee over pretzels and spread smooth with an offset spatula.
- Chop chocolate and place over hot toffee, it will melt as you spread it evenly with an offset spatula.
- Heat the white chocolate in a microwave proof bowl and drizzle on top of chocolate.
- Shake sprinkles on top of chocolate.
- Let the chocolate and toffee cool completely before cutting. You can put the tray in the fridge to set it up faster if you are in a hurry.
- Cut or break apart toffee and get everyone addicted to this, it will only take one piece I’m sure!
sue/the view from great island says
I discovered toffee in a big way this year, I’m adding this to my must make list. Love the white drizzle!
I can never have enough TOFFEE in my life, it’s so delicious!
Christiane ~ Taking On Magazines says
Oh come to mama. I’m all over the toffee covered pretzel thing. You have such a gift with decorating too. You use the perfect amount of sprinkles. My hand is always way too heavy with them.
so funny, yes sometimes I get carried away with the sprinkles too!
Fun idea for Valentine’s Day Diane – I can always count on you to bring a smile to my face with your goodies!
You are so sweet Jeanette!
So festive and fun!
Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen says
Pretzels and chocolate with some salty-sweet action? For Valentine’s Day? I’m so there! So pretty and festive, Diane!
I’m convinced that sweet and salty is where it’s ALL at 🙂
Caroline Hurley says
Diane, this is SO pretty! I love that gorgeous drizzle and sprinkles! Pinning now!
Thanks so much Caroline!
Megan - The Emotional Baker says
What a delicious treat! I can’t wait to try it for Valentine’s 🙂
Thanks Megan..I can’t wait for Valentine’s either, lots of sweets on my list to make!
This looks like a keeper ..so I will be making it today
alison @ Ingredients, Inc. says
Lana @ Never Enough Thyme says
What an absolutely perfect Valentine’s Day treat!
Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen says
Mmm.. buttery sweet toffee and chocolate together is always so good!
I am craving this right now, looks so great. What a fun treat, I love the little hearts on them 🙂
Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen says
I am toffee obsessed right now. This looks good!
Nutmeg Nanny says
This looks amazing! Pretzel toffee, you can’t get much better!