Mocha Mint Cupcakes
We are getting plenty of rain and by the looks of it…. the rain will continue into tomorrow.
There should be RAINBOWS popping up everywhere.
I took this photo a few months ago when it rained, I love that when it rains where I live, we often see rainbows and even double rainbows.You can see two, right? I don’t recall seeing as many rainbows as I do now when I was younger.
So I waiting….. to see more rainbows.
Guess I’m just not have good luck in the rainbow area, but maybe because I put all my focus on these fun cakes.
I figured if I couldn’t see a rainbow, I’d have to make something magical until I do.
These Mocha Mint Cupcakes are like biting into a mocha in cake form…
that is if they had some yummy mint creamy goodness on top.
Well I haven’t seen that yet.
And really the mint frosting is one of the yummiest parts of these cupcakes. I just love creme de menthe in the frosting.
So whip up a batch of these until the rainbows come out! I won’t even tell anyone if you eat most of them waiting.
- 1 box white cake mix (along with ingredients to prepare)
- 4 tablespoons Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate
- 3 teaspoons instant coffee
- 3 drops white food coloring to lighten up the color of the cupcake batter
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (use clean vanilla for a whiter result)
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 drops creme de mint flavoring
- Prepare cupcakes according to package adding in chocolate and coffee and coloring.
- Bake cupcakes according to package.
- Cool cupcakes completely.
- Prepare Buttercream Frosting Recipe:
- Beat butter with sugar, add in vanilla and cream and mix until smooth.
- Frost cupcakes with a #2D tip and top with a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
Hope you day is fun, and filled with rainbows….real or well you can create your own.
I saw these and they are super cute! DON’T miss seeing these rainbows are St. Patrick’s Day Gifts from The Idea Room.