Options for this recipe:
How do you make the sauce:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2-4 Tablespoons milk (the leaner the meat the more milk you may want to add)
- 1/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 20 oz. can pineapple chunks in pineapple juice (reserve pineapple and use juice for sauce)
- 1/3 cup vinegar (distilled or rice wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- pinch crushed red pepper, if you like a little spice
- 1/2 cup sliced/diced peppers (any color/variety)
- 1 carrot, grated or sliced
- 3 cups cut broccoli
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl, mix well and portion out to the size meatball you'd like.
- I often make them 2 tablespoon-sized for easy consumption.
- Cook meatballs in a skillet on the stove, or bake them in the oven on a baking sheet at 350°
- until the meat is 135°.
- Turn the meatballs halfway through cooking to ensure they cook evenly.
- In a small saucepan add juice from the can of pineapple, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch.
- Whisk all ingredients for sauce and heat on medium until it bubbles.
- Add in pineapple and peppers and heat for 1 more minute.
- Serve over meat and noodles, or rice.
- This sauce can easily be stretched to cover 2 lbs of meatballs, so go ahead and make extra meatballs!