Sweepstakes Leave a comment on this post below for a chance to win $100 Walmart Gift Card. Each comment posted in response to the sweepstakes prompt: “What is your favorite flavor scone?” garners an automatic entry.
Sweepstakes Rules: No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
- 1¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon Tate+Lyle® Organic Turbinado Raw Cane Sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (cold)
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh strawberries diced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon baking emulsion (or lemon extract)
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In medium bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together
- With a pastry cutter, cut in ice cold butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs
- In small bowl mix heavy cream, eggs, lemon juice and lemon extract
- Then add mixture to flour bowl and blend
- Stir in strawberries gently
- press dough into cast iron scone pan and sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar on top of scones or roll out with a little flour and cut into triangles and bake on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
This sweepstakes runs from 8/6-9/6
Be sure to visit the Tate + Lyle Sugars® brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!