Suave Style Party

I hosted a Suave Style Party
just in time to give some really sweet ladies
 a quick styling with Suave Professional Products,
and show them how a few minutes can change your look entirely.
For photos and details
go HERE

I made these red velvet cupcakes
with pink cream cheese frosting.
The frosting was delicious and  many asked how I made it,
 here is the simple but delicious recipe
whip together,
1 package of cream cheese
1 stick of butter
2 cups powdered sugar
{ I added two drops of pink coloring}
The toppers were made from fondant.
This was the first time I had ever worked with fondant
I purchased Wilton’s fondant primarily for the ease of use,
I wrote on each piece with an edible marker.
{I will eventually make it myself, it’s on my list….}
Next are the appetizers..
I made some tortellini kabobs with salami, Italian parsley, provolone cheese, black olive and pepperoncini and pepperoni.
I marinated the tortellini in Italian dressing I made overnight.
more photos on what I served are Here as well

I made Sangria

I mixed Dry white wine, (one large bottle Pinot Grigio)
1/2 cup triple sec
with 10 oz of Pom Wonderful
3 cups apple juice
the juice from 4 oranges, 3 lemons, and 2 limes
I cut up 2 additional oranges,2 lemons and a lime as well as 4 apples to place in the Sangria
I made apple juice ice cubes to keep it chilled and not dilute it.
I was cutting it to the wire before everyone arrived,
well the truth is a few arrived and I had just thrown, (really thrown) my hair up into these twisted pig-tails and still had to run up and change, I was glad to see a few arrive with decorative scarves it reminded me I had a t-shirt that came with a scarf I believe with the 20% off coupon I had,
 it was about $5.00
and there you have it!
Thanks to everyone who could come.

Comments

Holly says

Saw you over at Midday Escapades and had to stop by. Your cupcakes look FAB! The entire party looks Fab actually.

Happy New Year!
    Holly @ 504 Main

Michelle says

Gorgeous cupcakes and the shewers look wonderful!

Interesting about the Sauve party, I would enjoy something like that!

Christine says

WOW…those kabobs look divine! I soooo want to make those the next time I need to take a dish somewhere…awesome!

The party sounds like it was a hit…I've never heard of a Suave party either…is it something new?

Jen says

Your blog is beautiful and so is the food. I LOVE all your cupcakes and cookies! They all look so good.

Stopped by from SITS to say hi and welcome.

Aubrey says

Great photos! Looks like you can throw one heck of a yummy party!
    Cupcakes are one of my absolute weaknesses. Mmmmm!

Coming by from SITS with a big WELCOME!

What a fun party! Those antipasto kabobs are absolutely adorable – I wish I could eat all of my food like that.

It is kabob week at Get Grillin’. Family Fresh Cooking (Marla) & I would love it if you linked up this recipe & up to 2 other kabob recipes you may have (they don’t have to be grilled). http://bit.ly/j9keva