Chocolate Cupcakes with Pretty Frosting

I made these Chocolate Cupcakes when I was wearing my new apron,
 and I made them to match the apron.
I was making cupcakes anyway so why not have them match something so cute.
To my delight the pink frosting came out the exact color I was hoping for.
It’s a bit coral-pink
so I added some orange coloring to the pink and wham-o there was the color I was hoping for.
I love mixing colors to make new and interesting one’s reminds me of being in grade school in art class and mixing all the paint colors.
So my question is what is your favorite color cupcake icing?
I think I found mine.

I hope you enjoy reading my blog and decide to follow me, or add me to your rss feed.
Thanks

Comments

Blackberry Jam Cafe says

I love these – so so pretty! And how fun to match your new apron. Looks like you're starting the new year right!
    Susan

Amanda says

Thanks for stopping by my blog!! You have so many yummy recipes I need to try! I totally agree with your color fristing though, pink is my fave too!

sandy says

The cupcakes look great and your apron is adorable! I love the pink frosting!

Welcome to SITS! It's great to have you in the SITStahood!

doublebatch says

I definitely have a LEAST favorite – RED. It takes so much coloring to make a good red!
    But really I just love cupcakes. I'll take any color!

The Classy Woman says

Your cupcakes look delicious, so pretty too! I love anything cupcake, your apron is too cute!

I was wondering if you have ever used natural food coloring? I know it is quite a bit more expensive but with all of the recent information I've read about the various types of cancer that all of the food coloring causes and their ability to make children hyperactive, I wondered if you had any advice on where to purchase or what brands? The Whole Foods store near my home stopped carrying them, I'm assuming price was the issue.

Cheers!
    Karla

Christine says

Wow Diane, your apron & cupcakes are so flippin' sweet looking! LOVE the pink…too pretty:)

My new fave color is 'Tiffany' blue….you know the color of the little gift boxes their items are presented in? I've decided to embrace it. Our cottage accidentally (sort of) was painted in this color last summer and at first I was appalled….but it's growing on me and now I am accessorizing w/the same color inside:) Soooo….I think cupcakes w/this color frosting would be gorgeous!! 😀

I'm following your blog now:)

Stopping in to welcome you to SITS and to wish you a Happy New Year!!

carma says

Those came out absolutely picture perfect. I have never baked anything that looked that good – ever!!

My fav frosting is brown – chocolate baby!!!

Welcome to SITS! I know that you will enjoy being a part of this vibrant community of bloggers :-)

Lesley says

Waayyyyy to cute…you do an amazing job….stopping by to welcome you to SITS…I'm so happy you've joined us!

Ann On and On... says

That photo made me drool….I know not the prettiest image, right. 😀

Cute blog! I love the color of your frosting. Once I made a beautiful spring green, I really liked it.

Welcome to SITS..the best SITSerhood around! When you have a minute come on over to my blog and enter my apron giveaway.

Molly says

Thanks for checking out and joining my blog! I love these cupcakes – they are adorable, especially since they match your apron.

I love pink on my cupcakes. Even though it's still vanilla, it seems to taste better in pink!

Michelle says

I usually just leave my cupcake frosting white and then decorate with confections. I also have a nice variety of baking cups to add color.

Amanda says

These are AMAZING Diane!! You go girl!!! I love all your creations, but these are truly gorgeous!

Blessings-